Spring 2020 application round for membership of Helsinki Artists’ Association has begun!
Deadline: 3 May 2020 at 11:59pm
Apply for membership of Helsinki Artists’ Association!
Helsinki Artists’ Association (HAA) advances the scopes for actions and status of the visual arts with diverse education, project, and exhibition activities and multidisciplinary collaboration. Established in 1967, HAA is an organisation promoting the interests of its over 800 professional visual artist members residing in Helsinki. The core activities of HAA include running exhibitions and its art lending services, international activities, and the courses and education provided by the art school and course centre. In its activities, HAA values sustainability, communality, professionalism, diversity, glocality combining locality and globality, creative craziness, and aims at advancing the availability and accessibility of the visual arts.
HAA offers its members versatile member services and benefits, including:
– opportunity to sell their works of art via the art lending services
– opportunity to participate in the exhibitions targeted solely at the members, e.g. Gallery Rikhard and Gallery Arthur, media art exhibitions in Central Library Oodi, the exhibitions during the Art goes Kapakka festival, international exhibitions, and other project-based and pop-up exhibitions
– 10% discount of the gallery fee of HAA Gallery located at Suomenlinna
– 25% discount of the purchases made at the artotheque and HAA Gallery
– 30% discount of the course fees of the art school and course centre
– opportunity to offer teaching for the art school and course centre
– member get-together events and member bulletins
What is more, the members of HAA are also members of the Union of Finnish Art Associations and will thus be entitled to discounts of e.g. art museum entrance fees and art supply prices.
Professional visual artists residing in Helsinki may apply to become members of HAA. Additionally, art students may apply provided that they demonstrate established artistic practices. Annually, membership can be applied for once, either in spring or in autumn. The application can be submitted either in Finnish or English. The new members are selected by the Board of HAA. The current annual membership fee is €60.
The deadline for the spring 2020 application round is 3 May 2020 at 11.59pm. Applications submitted after the due time will not be handled.
The handling charge of the application is €25. The payment must be made to the Helsinki Artists’ Association account FI76 2001 1800 3801 59 (BIC: NDEAFIHH). The payment must feature the reference number 800200. Please attach a PDF receipt of the payment to the application.
Only electronic applications are accepted. You can submit your application here.