Applications for Exhibition Times at Gallery Rantakasarmi
Exhibition times for Gallery Rantakasarmi are applicable twice a year, in spring (April) and autumn (October).
Upcoming open call for exhibition applications is for Spring 2020. The Spring season is from January to June. Each individual exhibition is for 4 weeks.
Deadline of the application is 30. April 2019. Application should include completed application form, exhibition plan, list of the art works and the images of the works. Applications are sent via email or memory stick.
By the current scheme, the exhibitions are carried out by the artist itself. Daily exhibition operations and information (including invitations, posters, opening event, press releases) are in the responsibility of the artist/artists collective to hold the exhibition. The sales are also the responsibility of the artist and hence Helsinki Artists’ Association does not charge a sales commission.
Gallery Rantakasarmi does not have an exhibition supervision offered by Helsinki Artists’ Association. This is reflected in a very reasonable exhibition rent.
Information about the gallery: Gallery Rantakasarmi is based in Suomenlinna near the platform.
The entire exhibition space of the gallery is 228 m2 and consists of two white limed, vaulted halls of 114 m2. There are about 60 meters of hanging screens. Hanging walls are fixed.
Gallery Rantakasarm exhibition time can be applied for:
- Entire space as a single 228 m2 / 2 hall for a solo or collective / group show
- Part of the space, one exhibition hall for a 114 m2 solo exhibition, where two simultaneous solo exhibitions are held in the gallery.
Note. The solo exhibition application must indicate whether the entire gallery space or one showroom is being applied for.
Exhibition space rentals during the search period are:
– full space 228 m2 / two halls 1300 €
– solo exhibition 114 m2 / one hall 700 €
Members of the Helsinki Artists ’Association and groups where at least half of the artists are members of the Helsinki Artists’ Association will receive a 10% discount on the rent.
You should add to the application:
1) Application form: GalleriaRantakasarmi_application_form
2) Exhibition plan
3) Pictures of recent works or works that will be shown at the exhibition + list of pictures with precise information of the works. We hope pictures jpeg-format saved on USB-drive or by e-mail (max 3 Mt/whole e-mail).
4) Curriculum Vitae
The application should be delivered to – by 30th April 2019:
Snail mail: TAIDELAINAAMO / Rikhardinkadun kirjasto, Näyttelyvastaava Eeva Muona, Rikhardinkatu 3, 00130 Helsinki
You can drop the application to Taidelainaamo. Open tue – fri 12 – 6 pm, sat 12 – 4 pm.
If you need any other information, don’t hesitate to ask:
Gallery Rantakasarmi Head of Exhibitions Eeva Muona